Installing apps in your Android gadget is an absolute breeze. Just seek for the app on the Play Store and click on on the Install button. You can set up it both as system apps or as person apps.
System apps are pre-put in apps within the system partition along with your ROM. In different phrases, a system app is solely an app positioned beneath ‘/system/app‘ folder on an Android device. ‘/system/app’ is a learn-solely folder. Android gadget customers should not have entry to this partition. Hence, customers can not straight set up or uninstall apps to/from it.
Apps similar to digital camera, settings, messages, Google Play Store, and many others. come pre-put in with the telephone and producers don’t usually present an choice to take away such apps as this would possibly impression the functioning of your gadget. A system app can solely be eliminated if the gadget is rooted.
Non-system/third-occasion/User apps are apps downloaded from Google Play Store or sideloaded with an APK file.
A non-system app is put in beneath /knowledge/app folder and has learn, write privileges. If there are apps that you’ve put in however you not use, you possibly can merely uninstall them to release space for storing.
There is perhaps conditions if you want to do a manufacturing unit reset as a result of your telephone “misbehaves”. But the issue with manufacturing unit reset is that it removes all person knowledge and purposes. In such circumstances, you possibly can convert the apps you want to preserve as system apps after which carry out a manufacturing unit reset. You can use apps similar to Titanium Backup to transform person apps as system apps. Unlike person apps, system apps is not going to be deleted after a manufacturing unit reset.
Hexnode MDM as system app
When Hexnode MDM is put in on the gadget as a system app, a number of advantages are added-on to the gadget.
- Silent app set up and uninstallation– The apps might be put in and in a while, faraway from the gadget with out person intervention.
- Hexnode app turns into non-detachable– Adding the Hexnode app within the /system/app folder prevents the customers from eradicating it from the gadget.
- Device Restart– A tool restart might be initiated from the Hexnode MDM console.
- Power off– The gadget might be remotely turned off through the Hexnode MDM portal.
- Lost mode– For enhanced gadget safety in case the gadget is misplaced or stolen, misplaced mode might be enabled thus locking down the gadget, making it functionless. ROM configured Android gadgets boots up in misplaced mode to make sure safety.
How to Blacklist/Whitelist System Apps
With Hexnode MDM, you possibly can blacklist or whitelist apps on Android, iOS, and macOS gadgets. Blacklisting restricts customers from utilizing particular apps on the gadgets whereas whitelisting restricts customers to utilizing particular apps on gadgets.
To take away system apps in your gadget,
- Go to Policies > New coverage.
- Click on Advanced Restrictions beneath iOS Settings.
- Enable Remove system apps.
- Click on Policy Targets so as to add the gadgets you want to affiliate the coverage with.
- Save your coverage.