On mine, I needed to set up ARM AEBI a7a System Image and Google APIs, and likewise put in MIPS which was solely obtainable for API 15, 16, and 17 (I did not go beneath 15.) Took about 12 hours of tinkering, nevertheless it works now.
alternatively, you should use Genymotion as an emulator, nevertheless will most certainly lose design talents in any other case obtainable with included emulators.
It works now. Pretty gradual, nevertheless it works. Of course, after you have the emulator began, so long as you do not shut it, it is going to be a lot sooner.
You could must restart Android studio, and I restarted my whole pc only for good measure.
Hope that helps.