As an administrator, you’ll be able to block person entry to some system apps on managed mobile devices. System apps are preinstalled apps equivalent to Clock and Calculator for Android, or FaceTime and iTunes Store for iOS. Many of those apps cannot be uninstalled, however you’ll be able to enable or block entry to them.
Supported editions for this function: Frontline; Business Plus; Enterprise; Education Fundamentals, Standard, Teaching and Learning Upgrade, and Plus; G Suite Basic and Business; Cloud Identity Premium. Compare your version
You can block all Android system apps, enable some, or specify a customized listing. When you block system apps, the apps aren’t uninstalled, however customers and different apps can’t entry them.
- Some system apps are vital to machine operate and cannot be blocked. Review the listing.
- This setting applies solely when a tool is first enrolled. If you add or take away system apps to the enable or disable lists, these adjustments aren’t utilized to devices already enrolled in superior mobile administration.
Before you start: To apply the setting for sure customers, put their accounts in an organizational unit.
From the Admin console Home web page, go to Devices.
- To apply the setting to everybody, go away the highest organizational unit chosen. Otherwise, choose a toddler organizational unit.
- On the left, click on Mobile & endpointsSettingsAndroid settings.
- Click Apps and knowledge sharingSystem apps.
- Choose an possibility:
- To make all system apps accessible, choose Allow all. With this feature, you’ll be able to nonetheless block particular system apps. Use this feature if you wish to make most system apps accessible.
- To take away entry to all system apps, choose Disable all. With this feature, all however vital system apps are blocked. If you need to enable particular apps, select the following possibility.
Note: This setting doesn’t take away entry to Android apps you add to the Web and mobile apps listing. For particulars, see Add mobile apps to your managed app listing.
- To take away entry to most system apps, choose Allow sure system apps. Then, to specify allowed system apps, enter the app package deal identify of the app you need to enable and click on Allow app. If you don’t know the package deal identify of an app, verify the mobile machine particulars in your Admin console. If the app isn’t listed, contact the machine producer or reseller.
- To override the previous choices and block particular system apps, beneath Disable sure system apps, enter the app package deal identify after which click on Disable app. The apps you add listed below are blocked.
- Click Save. If you configured a toddler organizational unit, you may be capable to Inherit or Override a mum or dad organizational unit’s settings.
The change sometimes takes impact in minutes, nevertheless it may take as much as 24 hours to be mirrored throughout all your customers’ devices.
Block or enable iOS system apps (company-owned devices solely)
Some system apps are vital for a tool to operate accurately. You can’t disallow these vital system apps:
Google, Google Workspace, and associated marks and logos are emblems of Google LLC. All different firm and product names are emblems of the businesses with which they’re related.