Microsoft unveiled Windows 11 final month, exhibiting a Windows replace with a contemporary coat of paint and several other welcome options in any other case. Between Android app assist, the Snap Layouts characteristic, and improved Digital Desktops, there are a couple of nice inclusions right here.
Nonetheless, a significant Windows replace is hardly a assure that buyers will upgrade. In spite of everything, we’ve beforehand seen customers maintain off on upgrading their model of Windows for a range of causes. Nonetheless, we requested Android Authority readers whether or not they deliberate to upgrade to Windows 11. Right here’s what you informed us.
Do you plan to upgrade to Windows 11?
A grand complete of over 3,800 votes have been solid after we posted the ballot on Monday, July 5. And the outcomes present that nearly two-thirds of respondents certainly plan to upgrade to Windows 11. This isn’t a shock on condition that fans usually need to run the most recent and biggest platform updates. Moreover, the brand new Windows upgrade certainly brings a couple of nice options to the desk.
Virtually 20% of polled readers stated they deliberate to upgrade however their PCs weren’t suitable. You’d suppose customers are holding onto their PCs for longer, subsequently ensuing on this possibility probably having extra votes. Then once more, we noticed a significant international spike in PC shipments in 2020 and 2021 because the work-from-home pattern exploded through the pandemic. Some readers additionally word within the feedback that they’re half of the Windows Insider program and are allowed to set up preview variations on their unsupported machines for now.
Lastly, 17.7% of respondents say they don’t plan to upgrade to Windows 11 in any respect. We’ve seen this pattern occur earlier than with earlier Windows upgrades, owing to every thing from incompatibility points to efficiency considerations. Nonetheless, if it ain’t broke, proper?
- Eric Pearson: I already upgraded with the dev insider preview. It’s fairly good. Hasn’t crashed but, couple of gradual downs and glitches although. General look and asthetic is good.
- Andrew Zuo: No, however M$ might be going to drive it down my throat in any case.
- OnAnIsland: Personally, I’m fed up with Windows 10 being at all times half completed and the opposite home windows apps not working because of this. Then I switched to the Microsoft browser and began getting focused adverts on Fb and cellphone calls a few building mission I used to be negotiating. The disclosure on the Fb app stated flat out that the knowledge got here from the Microsoft browser and if I felt it was a battle of curiosity they’d cease. Hell, It was harassment and unlawful. I can’t be utilizing any Microsoft product by the top of the yr.
- Rui Rego: Utilizing 11 proper now;D dev insider. Its a piece in progress however its okay!
- Techngro: I’m probably not certain if I’ll upgrade. As soon as the RTM is out, I’ll check it out for some time in a digital machine. However I’ll in all probability persist with Windows 10 for the foreseeable future. The one factor that might make me change straight away is that if the Windows Subsystem for Android is pretty much as good because the Windows Subsystem for Linux.
- Bermudan Possibility: I’ve insider so I’m considering of getting it. My pc is incompatible w/ the official launch although, so if I do prefer it rather a lot, it does give me an excuse to upgrade my pc I suppose.
- James Mansell: Working very well on my Floor Professional 6. A couple of slowdowns right here and there however nothing main and no crashes
Thanks for voting in our ballot and for the feedback! Do you anticipate Microsoft to loosen up system necessities for Windows 11 down the road?