Mesibo Messenger for Android
Mesibo Messenger is an open-source app with real-time messaging, voice and video name options. This repo incorporates the supply code for Mesibo Messenger App for Android. The GitHub repository for iOS model is right here.
- One-on-one messaging and Group chat
- High high quality voice and video calling
- Rich messaging (textual content, image, video, audio, different information)
- Location sharing
- Message standing and typing indicators
- Online standing (presence) and real-time profile replace
- Push notifications
Prebuilt Messenger Apps
If you favor to strive Pre-built messenger apps as an alternative of constructing it, you possibly can obtain it from:
Generating OTP for the demo
The messenger App requires a sound telephone quantity and OTP to login. Note that, we don’t ship OTP for App login. Instead, you possibly can generate OTP for any quantity from the mesibo console
Note that, all of the customers are personal to your app/account. The demo app can’t see or talk with customers from different apps. Also, the demo app makes use of contact synchronization to search out different customers of your app and therefore guarantee to make use of the right telephone quantity and different customers are in your telephone ebook.
The documentation for the messenger is accessible right here – A completely featured WhatsApp clone utilizing mesibo
- Compilation Instructions (Trivial although)
- Download backend supply code and host it in your server (the default one is positioned on the mesibo server)
- Hosting total real-time messaging and name server in your premise
- Other Customizations and Rebranding
Downloading the Source Code
Clone the Repository (Recommended)
If you may have git put in, this can be a really helpful method as you possibly can shortly sync and keep updated with the newest model. This can also be a most popular approach of downloading the code in the event you resolve to contribute to the undertaking.
To obtain, open a terminal and difficulty following instructions:
$ mkdir Messenger $ cd Messenger $ git clone https://github.com/mesibo/messenger-app-android.git
Download the code as a zipper file
You may obtain the entire Android Messenger supply code as a zip file. Although easy, the downsize of this method is that you’ll have to obtain the entire supply code everytime it’s up to date on the repository.
Whatever method you are taking to obtain the code, you will need to keep up-to-date with the newest modifications, new options, fixes and so on. Ensure to Star(*) the undertaking on GitHub to get notified each time the supply code is up to date.
Build and Run
Before we dive into constructing and operating a completely featured Messenger for Android, be certain that you’ve learn the next.
- Latest Android Studio Installed
- An Android Device
Building the code is so simple as:
- Launch Android Studio
- Open the undertaking from the folder the place you may have downloaded the code utilizing menu
File -> Open
- Build utilizing menu
Build -> Rebuild Project
- It could take some time to construct the undertaking for the primary time.
- Once the construct is over, run on the machine utilizing menu
Run -> Run (app)
- That’s it, it is best to see the welcome display like under.
Login utilizing your telephone quantity and OTP from the mesibo console. You may even begin utilizing the app you’ve simply constructed to speak with your loved ones and associates.
Key SDKs person on this undertaking
These apps use following Mesibo SDKs.
- Mesibo SDK
- Mesibo Messaging UI Module
- Mesibo Call UI Module
These apps additionally use following third social gathering libraries/providers.
The backend code is right here https://github.com/mesibo/messenger-app-backend