MMS or Multimedia Messaging Service was constructed related to SMS, to enable customers to ship multimedia content material. It was a wonderful approach to share media with your mates and household till the emergence of like WhatsApp, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, and many others. Since then, using MMS has declined drastically. For the previous few years, many customers have been complaining of difficulties whereas sending and receiving MMS on their Android units. It occurs majorly due to compatibility problems with this growing older service together with your up-to-date machine.
In most Android telephones, there’s a functionality to mechanically change from WiFi to cell knowledge, whereas sending or receiving an MMS. The community is switched again to WiFi as soon as this course of is over. But it isn’t the case with each cell phone out there in the present day.
- In many instances, the machine fails to ship or obtain messages over WiFi and doesn’t change to cell knowledge. It then shows a “Message Download Failed” notification.
- Additionally, there’s a risk that your machine does change to cell knowledge; however by the point you strive to ship or obtain MMS, you’ve got consumed all of your cell knowledge. In such instances too, you’ll obtain the identical error.
- It has been noticed that this downside persists principally in Android units, and extra so after the “Android 10 update”.
- It was additionally observed that the problem exists totally on “Samsung” units.
Experts say that they’ve recognized the issue and are taking motion to resolve it.
But, are you going to watch for that lengthy?
So, now you have to be questioning “can I send and receive MMS over WiFi?”.
Well, it’s doable to share MMS over WiFi in your cellphone, in case your provider helps it. The excellent news is you can share MMS over wi-fi, even when your provider doesn’t assist it. You will find out about it afterward, on this information.
If you’re going through points whereas sending and/or receiving MMS over WiFi in your Android cellphone, we have now the answer for it. In this information, we’ll clarify every little thing you want to know on how to ship or obtain MMS by way of Wi-Fi.
How to Send and Receive MMS over WiFi
The very first thing it is best to know is that the MMS service is operated by way of a mobile connection. Hence, you’ve got three choices out there to rectify this subject that are defined intimately under.
Method 1: Modify Settings
If you’re utilizing the up to date model of Android i.e., Android 10, the cell knowledge in your cellphone will get disabled as quickly as you join to a WiFi community. This characteristic was applied to save battery life & improve the efficiency of your machine.
To have the opportunity to ship and obtain MMS over Wi-Fi, you want to maintain each the connections on, concurrently. To accomplish that, you want to alter some settings manually as per the steps given:
1. Go to the Developer choice in your machine.
Note: For each machine, the strategy to enter the Developer mode is totally different.
2. Now, underneath the Developer choice, activate the “Mobile data always active” choice.
After making this alteration, your cell knowledge will stay energetic, till you flip it off manually.
Follow the given steps to test if the settings are acceptable or not:
1. Go to the “Settings” choice in Developer mode
2. Now, transfer to the “Sim card & mobile data” choice.
3. Tap” Data utilization.”
4. Under this part, discover and choose “Dual Channel acceleration.”
5. Finally, make sure that the “Dual-channel acceleration” is ‘turned On‘. If not, flip it on to allow cell knowledge & Wi-Fi directly.
Note: Make positive that your knowledge pack is energetic and has ample knowledge stability. Oftentimes, even after turning the cell knowledge on, customers are unable to ship or obtain MMS, due to inadequate knowledge.
6. Try to ship or obtain MMS now. If you continue to can’t ship MMS over WiFi, transfer to the following choice.
Also Read: 8 Ways To Fix MMS Download Problems
Method 2: Use an Alternative Messaging App
The most typical and apparent alternative to keep away from such an error is, to use another messaging app to serve the mentioned goal. There are quite a lot of free messaging apps out there on the Play Store with varied extra options. Some of those are listed under:
a) Using Textra SMS app
Textra is a wonderful app with easy features and an exquisite, user-friendly interface.
Before we focus on this methodology additional, you want to obtain and set up the Textra app from Google Play Store:
Now onto the following steps:
1. Launch the “Textra SMS” app.
2. Go to “Settings” by tapping ‘three-vertical dots’ on the top-right nook of the Home display screen.
3. Tap “MMS”
4. Tick (test) the “Prefer wi-fi” choice.
Note: It is just for these customers whose cell carriers assist MMS over WiFi. If you aren’t positive about your cell provider insurance policies, give this methodology a strive. If you continue to face the problem, disable the choice to get again to default MMS settings.
5. If the problem nonetheless persists, you possibly can discuss to the client assist of your cell provider.
b) Using Go SMS Pro
We have used Go SMS Pro on this methodology to do the duty of receiving & sending media over WiFi. This app provides its customers a singular methodology to ship media over WiFi i.e., by means of an SMS, which prices you lesser than an MMS. Hence, this can be a in style various & extremely really helpful by customers.
The working of the Go SMS Pro is as follows:
- It uploads the photograph that you really want to ship and saves it to its server.
- From right here, it sends an auto-generated hyperlink of the picture to the recipient.
- If the recipient makes use of Go SMS Pro, the picture will get downloaded of their inbox identical to common MMS service.
- But in case, the recipient doesn’t have the app; the hyperlink opens within the browser with a obtain choice for the image.
You can obtain the app utilizing this hyperlink.
c) Using Other apps
You can select from varied different in style apps out there to ship and obtain textual content messages, footage, and even movies. You can set up & use Line, WhatsApp, Snapchat, and so on in your Android, Windows, iOS units.
Method 3: Use Google Voice
If not one of the above strategies be just right for you, you possibly can go for Google Voice. It is a telephonic service supplied by Google that gives voicemail, name forwarding, textual content, and voice messaging choices, by offering an alternate quantity routed to your cellphone. It is among the greatest, most safe, and everlasting options on the market. Google Voice presently helps SMS solely, however you may get MMS service by way of different Google providers like Google Hangout.
If you’re nonetheless caught with the identical downside, we advise that you just strive to discover out your operator insurance policies & strive to discover a resolution, by contacting their buyer assist.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q 1. Why can’t I ship MMS over WiFi?
MMS wants a mobile knowledge connection to function. If you need to ship MMS over WiFi, you and the recipient want to have some third-party app put in to full the duty.
Q 2. Can you ship image textual content messages by means of WiFi?
No, it isn’t doable to ship an everyday MMS message over a WiFi connection. However, you may get it accomplished utilizing a third-party app or utilizing your cell knowledge.
We hope that this information was useful and you at the moment are ready to ship MMS over WiFi in your Android cellphone. If you continue to have any queries concerning this text, then be happy to ask them within the feedback part.